Post Operative Instrutions
There continues to be some debate within the industry as to how quickly Botulinum Toxin is absorbed with some suggesting that after only 20 minutes it is safe to go about normal activities.
However, as a precaution we suggest the following:
1) For 2 hours: Gently move the treated muscles by frowning/raising/smiling etc to help it to diffuse throughout the muscle. Only do this once or twice every 5 to 10 minutes. If you do it excessively you may induce a headache or migraine.
2) For 6 hours: As much as possible keep your head elevated. Try to avoid: Ironing, Vacuum Cleaning, Gym, Swimming, Dog Walking, and the use of a power shower directly onto the injected areas.
3) Lie on your back tonight, with one extra pillow, so that you are slightly elevated.
4) Leave any eye makeup on overnight, and in the morning remove it by wiping away from your eyes, i.e. from your nose outward towards your ears.
5) For the next 24 hours be very gentle with the areas injected. Avoid rubbing or massaging those areas yourself.
6) For the next 2 weeks, please avoid facials, facial massages and microdermabrasion treatments.
Call 01424 213298 to book your consultation for wrinkle reducing injection therapy