Post Operative Instrutions
This page gives advice regarding the aftercare for the treatments we are offering. Further updates will be available in due course.
BOTULINUM TOXIN TYPE A AFTERCARE ADVICE
There continues to be some debate within the industry as to how quickly Botulinum Toxin is absorbed with some suggesting that after only 20 minutes it is safe to go about normal activities.
However, as a precaution we suggest the following:
1) For 2 hours: Gently move the treated muscles by frowning/raising/smiling etc to help it to diffuse throughout the muscle. Only do this once or twice every 5 to 10 minutes. If you do it excessively you may induce a headache or migraine.
2) For 6 hours: As much as possible keep your head elevated. Try to avoid: Ironing, Vacuum Cleaning, Gym, Swimming, Dog Walking, and the use of a power shower directly onto the injected areas.
3) Lie on your back tonight, with one extra pillow, so that you are slightly elevated.
4) Leave any eye makeup on overnight, and in the morning remove it by wiping away from your eyes, i.e. from your nose outward towards your ears.
5) For the next 24 hours be very gentle with the areas injected. Avoid rubbing or massaging those areas yourself.
6) For the next 2 weeks, please avoid facials, facial massages and microdermabrasion treatments.
LIP FILLER AFTERCARE ADVICE
The following is our advice for the care of your lips after your treatment.
1) While numb please avoid eating or drinking. This is so you do not accidentally bite your lips.
2) Once the feeling in your lips returns, you can eat but start with something cold. This is just in case the anaesthetic has not completely worn off. If in doubt, do not eat anything until you are certain it has worn off.
3) Once you are 100% certain the anaesthetic has worn off, then you can eat as per normal, including hot meals and drinks.
4) After the anaesthetic has worn off, it is likely your lips will feel sore, and may well be swollen. This is normal. If need be, you can take paracetamol to reduce the pain. While taking ibuprofen is possible, be aware it may result in more bruising.
5) If your lips become increasingly painful or if you experience severe pain that does not subside, then there may be something wrong. In this instance, please contact the clinic for assisstance. If we are unavailable, please go direct to Accident and Emergency.
6) Swelling is to be expected, especially if this is your first time having lip augmentation. If you have a lot of swelling, and it is safe to do so, please take ibuprofen to reduce the swelling. Cold compress is also possible but please be careful not to have something very cold pressed against your lips for a long period of time as this may damage your lips.
7) General care for your lips:
- Please avoid the use of lipstick or makeup on your lips for ideally 12 hours
- Please avoid licking your lips for 12 hours
- Please avoid biting or sucking your lips
- Please avoid massaging your own lips
- Please avoid kissing for 24 to 48 hours
- Please do not engage in activities that may place excessive force or pressure on your lips or excessive stretching of your lips for one week after treatment
8) If you feel that your lips need massaging, please contact the clinic for a review.
Call 01424 213298 to book your consultation for wrinkle reducing injection therapy